Services to your Students and Graduates
Careers and Employability is available to all students and graduates of the University. Please encourage all students and graduates to access our services.
Typical cases for referral might include:
- Course leavers and changers at any point during their studies
- Level 2 / 3 students looking to discuss career options beyond their studies
- Students looking for placements
- Students who have failed or need to re-sit parts of their course
- Salford graduates
- Students looking for advice on CV creation or completing applications
- Students looking to prepare for job interviews
Referrals can be made via:
Email:askUS@salford.ac.uk, Telephone: 0161 295 0023.
An overview of our services appears below:
1. Careers guidance
- CV Review Appointments: appointments to get a CV reviewed are available at University House and at other buildings across campus, students can book via Advantage. These appointments last for 20 minutes.
- Careers guidance appointments - students may book to see a Careers Consultant for a more detailed discussion about their career and further study plans. These appointments last for 30 minutes and can be conducted face to face, telephone or Skyoe Skype can be useful for distance learners, or students/graduates unable to visit Careers & Employability.
- For students/graduates who wish to practice for a job interview we provide 1 hour mock interview appointments.
- E-mail careers guidance - students may e-mail their questions to our Careers Consultants. Response is guaranteed within three working days. This service is accessed from the Contact Us of this site.
2. Job Vacancies
We carry information about vacancies as follows:
- Part-time and vacation-period jobs Current students can access part-time or vacation job opportunities to help supplement their studies and to aid their employability skills and enhance their CV.
- Placements About work placements, resources and opportunities can be accessed via the careers website. Careers and Employability organises annual placement promotion events, specific to Schools of study. These include Business, Built Environment amongst others. These provide students with an opportunity to meet employers offering paid industrial / year-out and summer placement opportunities. If you would like to work with Careers and Employability to deliver a placement promotion event for students in your School please contact Rachel Martin, 0161 295 3578.
2. Workshops and presentations
Careers Advisers run a series of careers workshops for your students and can cover topics such as writing CVs, completing job applications and preparing for job interviews. We also run workshops that aim to promote the development of students' career planning skills - contact us to discuss your requirements. Details of all workshops, presentations and other events can be found on our Events pages.
For any students interested in developing their entreneurprial skills our Enterprise team can offer help, support, access to funding including specialist masterclass workshops and 1-1 advice Visit: Enterprise: How to Get Involved
4. Social Media
Careers & Employability use numerous social media forums to provide information to students. We would encourage your students to use these as they provide a up-to-date source of information regarding jobs, placements, graduate opportunities, career planning, events and much more. Find out more from our social media webpages.
All our services are available to former students once they have left the University of Salford regardless of when they graduated.
Page Updated: 13th June 2017 (HB)