Temporary and part-time work available!
The University of Salford opened a new Unitemps on-campus recruitment agency in April 2017, which is based in University House on the Peel Park campus.
Hundreds of students and recent graduates have already registered to seek part-time and temporary work in roles across the university including exam invigilators, ambassadors, student hosts, admin roles and research roles.
Register now to be considered
To be considered for a range of part-time and temporary employment opportunities working for the University of Salford and with external local employers, please register as soon as possible.
To register with Unitemps:
1. Register online at www.salford.ac.uk/unitemps (please remember to state your date of birth)
2. Visit the Unitemps Desk to complete your right to work check (open Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm) in the University House building (where askUS and the Student Union are based). Bring the following with you:
- Your Passport. If you do not have a passport please instead bring your full birth certificate with evidence of your national insurance number. If you cannot provide the necessary documentation you will not be able to register with Unitemps.
- Your Visa, if you are a Tier 4 student (this may be a biometric card or a visa within your current valid passport)
- A proof of study of study, if you are a Tier 4 student. This can be requested at an askUS desk at University House of MediaCityUK or online.
- Your bank account details, including account number and sort code
- Your National Insurance Number
Departments and Schools across the University of Salford and external employers submit their recruitment needs to Unitemps so that potential recruits can be identified, recruited, issued working hours and paid.
Unitemps works to ensure that students do not work too many hours per week during teaching periods, to help students not exceed limits set by Tier 4 visas (taking account of hours of work within and external to the University combined) and to ensure that students workng through Unitemps are paid at least the minimum wage when working for external employers or the living wage if working for the University of Salford.
Unitemps has replaced other methods previosuly used by the University of Salford to employ students and graduates on a part-time and temporary basis, including 13 week casual contracts and one-off fees and expenses forms.
The Unitemps branch will grow as we sell recruitment agency services to external employers and grow internal demand for employing students and graduates.
Anyone registering with Unitemps is asked to disclose any other work they are doing for the university and for external employers and to notify Unitemps staff if these working hours per week change or end.
Students on Tier 4 visas
Please note that students on Tier 4 visas can only be offered working hours in any Monday to Sunday time period which does not exceed 20 hours per week at any time of year. This 20 hour weekly maximum includes any other hours of work carried out in any other roles inside and outside the University of Salford.